fredag 6. august 2010

Newer prejudge people!

Hi everyone,

Today is an awesome day. I am sitting at Starbucks and enjoying the hot day. I have of lately been working on getting a house so I hope at the end of this day me and my beautiful wife will have a home to call our own :) I cant wait to get the answer. If we get approved we will live 5 mins away from the beach and a beautiful lake. Right on a golf course!!

Cant wait. Today I got inspired to write about something most people are familiar with.

PREJUDGING PEOPLE:

From Google dictionary.
Form a judgment on (an issue or person) prematurely and without having adequate information.

Hmm... Is that right? So that means that when you prejudge someone for some reason means that you are actually doing it because of several different reasons.

NEVER prejudge anyone until you get to know them first. That is why in sales you have to know that the people you talk to prejudge you in 10 seconds. If everyone was aware of that pre-judgement are not reliable then the world would look very very different. That is my view on it.

Lets list some common pre-judgement`s:
  • The way you look
The way you look has a lot to say in this world. The way you look also have been set a standard on. Which is even worse. Think about those poor people who are thinking that those models on TV are the way that they should look. That is beautiful. That is man made. Beautiful is not only that. Beautiful are a standard that have been set by people. Ugly is the same. That is why you wherever you go you will be prejudged by other people. Even if you don`t want to. Good looking for men is having muscular body with some washboard abs. I don`t have that. I can be healthy, but I don`t need those muscles.

  • The way you are(physical or mental disabilities)
I have some great stories to tell here. Here is one guy I met. He had no legs, but he had arms. At once something said by habitual thinking that he was disabled. Because I saw it. Well what I did`nt know about this guy were that when I started getting to know him and talk to him he were a 8 time Gold medalist in Sledge hockey. WOW. You would have never even considered that! Well I learned a great lesson there. Also afterwards we wend sliding down a hill(this was winter time). The competition where to get down the fastest. We were around 20 competitors. The funny thing were that Atle that his name was were going to compete. Well I guess most of us thought that we will beet that guy with no legs because he could not swing or brake. Talk about being very wrong!!! He had no fears went down the hill, because he was not breaking he had a tremendous speed down the hill and beat us all. Why? Because he did not have any boundaries and he had the desire to win.
Another one is a friend of my wife and I. She was born with Cerebral Palsy. Her name is Karen. I remember when I first met her I were a little scared. My wife worked at her house as a Team Leader and knew her well. I had never been close to anyone with disabilities. We were going to go over to her house and play cards. It was one of the most funniest times I had. She was laughing a lot, she loved beating my wife in cards. It was so funny this disabled woman had more character than most people and dared to be herself most importantly.

  • The way we dress.
In the todays clothing industry and fashion we are so caught up in to looking a certain way. Maybe thats why some people prefer nudity :D
I have a great example about that from back in Norway.
My uncle is a successful entrepreneur and he got a deal with one of the richest people in Norway that are into Real Estate. First let me tell you a story about this great character. He got his first million Norwegian Kroner($200k) by collecting flasks and recycle them. In Norway you get between 1kr -2.50kr per bottle that is from 15c to 40c. So he had to collect a lot of them, but he had a desire to do it. Anyways. When I first saw this guy come to my uncles place to look at it he came in a 1985 something Volvo. Had jeans and not a fancy shirt on. Meet him somewhere and tell me that he is a multi billionaire :D


We all are prejudging. Lets stop doing it. You never know who you might meet. My Sponsor in my business said that if he would have though that I would be where I am today it would for him be like winning the lottery.

Short story long today because of the actions that I have taken have made me a very positive person who never ever would look for boundaries.

A great person I spoke with for a couple of days ago is an awesome example of what I was just talking about.

I am in a business refferal group and I met him there. Before I pre-judged him I wanted to talk to this guy. When I got to meet him 1 week later I came to his house where he runs his Data Recovery business from. When we started talking he was`nt this crazy guy who many might have assumed him as. He were one of the greatest people I have met for a very long time. He is truly passionate with his job. But the most amazing part about this guy was the question he asked me at the end of the meeting. "So John I just have one final question to ask you. What would you say to a little kid about how to live and think in this world?" WOW. I haven`t heard that question a lot. That is so amazing that he actually ask everyone he meets that question. He also said. "Don`t think outside of the box. Just think that there is no box."

I am truly blessed to meet this guy. He also told me that he hang around younger people because they are more open minded. Well his company`s slogan says it all about him. We fix it where everyone else are giving up.

I want to wish you all a wonderful weekend and I hope to tell you about the new house when I get back over the weekend!!

Live you life with no Boxes or boundaries :D
John Thore Stub Sneisen(c)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar